Read through these facts and suggestions to communicate with the information that best suits you and the person with whom you are speaking.
- The Big Give is South Central Texas’ 24-hour online day of giving fueled by the power of donors. It is driven by social media collaborations, but most importantly by alumni, family and friends, like you, sharing our message.
- Last year, Blessed Sacrament Academy received just over $25,000 from our generous donors. Our goal this year is $30,000.
- All donations received will support the vital, community-centered programs at our Child Development Center and the Parents’ Academy. BSA receives all the money (minus a small processing fee) from any donations given online during the 24 hour periods. Give a little or give a lot. $10 minimum.
- We will accept checks made out to Blessed Sacrament Academy with “Big Give” on the comment line, or credit card donations over the phone 210.532.4731.
- To find us online: www.thebiggivesa.org search for Blessed Sacrament Academy. This year’s new platform is easier to navigate and more secure. For those who have received our communications or like us on Facebook, there will be direct link to the BSA page where you can donate.
As family and friends of Blessed Sacrament Academy, this is your chance to support programs which have measurable, positive impact on the children, youth and families who participate, both on the Southside and across Bexar County.
Three hundred plus children per year, ages 6 weeks to 5 years, are served in the quality learning environment of the Child Development Center. Affordable costs, early childhood education, including a Head Start Program, and a caring staff serve the community by allowing parents to remain employed or in school with confidence their children are well cared for.
The Parents’ Academy exists to empower parents with positive parenting skills that reduce family stress and build family success. Families participate in educational support group workshops that teach effective and respectful discipline techniques, helping parents on their journey to building a stronger family. Support services for the program include a family meal and childcare, removing obstacles to participation.
Matching Gift Times:
8:00 to 11:00am your gift will be matched up to $1000 by the Genevieve and Ward Orsinger Foundation.
12 noon to 2pm your gift will be matched up to $2,000 with a gift from the Sisters of the Incarnate Word and Blessed Sacrament in Victoria.
5:00-8:00pm your gift will be matched up to $2,500 with a gift from a BSA alumna
Thursday May 4th at Blessed Sacrament Academy campus:
You are invited to join us from 7:00—9:00am in the Child Development Center Cafeteria for breakfast tacos and a beverage with a minimum donation to BSA.
- $10 each adult & $5 each child
- Throughout the day, for every $10 in house donation, you will receive one (1) Raffle ticket for your choice of Gift Basket.
- Computers will be available from 7am-5pm for online giving. You may also donate with check or cash.